Hope for Health is filled with some awesome tidbits of knowledge, but we understand if you don’t want to sort through all the articles and figure it out for yourselves. To help out our loyal readers and supporters, we’ve put together a list of Golden Rules we feel are key–out of all the research we’ve done–to leading a healthier life.
- Eat vegetables. Lots and lots of vegetables.
- Keep dairy to a minimum or don’t include in your diet at all
- Focus on whole foods; avoid anything in a box or “ready made”
- Never, ever drink soda. Ever.
- Avoid sugary beverages as much as possible (this include fruit drinks and sports drinks). An occasional glass of wine can be overlooked.
- Strength train at least twice a week.
- Do moderate to intense cardio at least 3 days a week
- Take a probiotic
- Focus on the quality of food more than the quantity
- Don’t smoke (do we really need to put that one here? Doesn’t everyone know this one?)
- Don’t do drugs–any drugs. This includes unnecessary, over-the-counter products
- Don’t go crazy with sanitation and antibacterials
- Eliminate all added sugar, and keep fruit consumption to a minimum (yes, we did just say that about fruit).
- Drink plenty of water
Questions? Concerns? Feel free to ask us “why,” “how,” or “why not?” We are here to help! We aren’t doctors, but we can point you in the right direction.
And if you find our stuff helpful or informative, please “like” and share. One day Hope for Health intends to bring you more cool stuff via videos and tutorials, but the blog gods require some specific readership numbers before they’ll grant that boon.